Thursday, November 4, 2010

Green planet!


Hello friends! How are you? In this opportunity I will speak to you about how green am I.

First, I must say that I am very critical about environment topic, but really I don’t act a lot of for changing the situation. This happens with many people and finally I am one of them. I must admit it. Often people learn enviromentally friendly practices in the school, but today there are many environmental institutions. For example, Greenpeace, Earth Action, Friends of the Earth, etc. They work in many countries and they fight against the global pollution and they learn people rycicling habits.

I haven’t enviromentally friendly practices. For example, I don’t use bike, I take bus and metro. I would like to use bike, but I live in MaipĂș, then I would take three days to arrive to university. MaipĂș is a distant place. I have never joined or supported any eco-organisations in my life either, because I haven’t time or perhaps because I have been lazy about this topic. In my life I have protested for other things, education, for example. However I have simple environmentally friendly practices: I don’t throw rubbish in the streets, I don’t use water or electricity unnecessarily and I don’t use car or chimney in my home. My family and me have an electric heater, we don’t pollute with carbon, although we pay more money for this. My role is very passive with regard to environment topic.

Regarding environmental pollution in Santiago, I think that in the schools must teach an environmental conscience, transport system must be effective for using fewer cars and in this city must have more supervision because some people still use chimneys in their houses, and in a populated city this is unnaceptable.

What is your opinion?

See you soon!

3 comments:

  1. I understand you, I live in Puente Alto and I can go to university in bicycle either.
    I believe that there is not much conscience about the environment and there is much ignorance about how one can help to care the nature world, for this is necessary most information on green activities.
    I like your comment, is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI RODRIGO,

    YOU GOT A 5.6 ON THE TEST.

    GOOD JOB.

    SEE YOU.

    PAULA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent Rodrigo.

    Say, "I DON´T HAVE environmentally friendly practices". And, "I DON´T HAVE THE TIME" .

    Finally, say "Schools must raise environmental awareness in children".

    Great.

    2 points

    ReplyDelete