Saturday, November 13, 2010

Christmas!


Hello friends! How are you? This time I will speak to you about Christmas.

Christmas is an important celebration in the western world. Christianity celebrates Jesus’s birth in Belén in December, 25. Even wordChristmasmeansChrist’s mass”.

However, after a new important figure appeared: Papa Noel, Santa Clous, Viejito Pascuero or San Nicolás. He is known for all this names. It depends place of the world. Papa Noel is inspired in a bishop’s Middle Ages. In the time he transformed in an old and flat man. His clothes are red and he lives in Arctic Pole with his wife. He works with many goblins, they construct toys for children of the world and he uses a sled thrown by reindeers like transport. This person and his legend began in century XX. Coca-Cola, famous drink, stood out this figure and it dressed red his because before this figure dressed green. So, Coca-Cola used this figure with a commercial purpose, and today Christmas has a commercial purpose, today Christmas has become in a material event and not religious celebration. Before this celebration, the entire world is worried for buying a good present for their relatives or friends, these are capitalism effects. In this date are many people in the streets buy a gift, this is a date with a lot of consumption.

I am atheist, so I don’t believe in God. However I enjoy this celebration, because I can be with all my family and we have a dinner. For this reason Christmas is special for me. Then my ideal way of celebrating Christmas is with my family and we eat tasty food, a lot of food. When I was a child I waited this celebration for getting a present because I watched many toys in TV, but today I don’t important presents, finally, today I like this celebration because I can be with my family in peace.

Bye! See you soon!

3 comments:

  1. Santa is an invention of Coca Cola, the Three Kings are those who bring us gifts.
    I am atheist too, but I feel something special on christmas. Maybe is in the air, the love and hope, people feel happy most of the time, and I like that, no matter what they believe, they spent a good time with their beloveds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I not know that Santa before is green. I am shock! I feel a naive, I feel a victim of the market.

    =(

    Greetings!

    ReplyDelete